One lucky winner will receive a Gift Certificate (valued at $950.00) to enjoy a 4-hour Private Urban & Eco-Excursion in Lighthouse Park & Capilano River Canyon with 10 friends or family members. This includes: pick up from a single Metro Vancouver location, a Rockwood Adventures Urban & Eco-Guide, Mercedes Benz Sprinter transportation, a snack pack, parking fees, and excursion coordination.
To enter, simply:
1. Upload your favourite Canada Day themed photo of yourself;
2. Tag us and use the Hashtag #NVCanadaDay2020;
3. Tag friends in the comments below to receive a Bonus entry.
Contest ends Monday June 29 @ 6:00pm and the winner will be announced June 30 on our Facebook Page.
With your personal Urban & Eco-Guide, you will be picked up at a single Metro Vancouver location and then discover one of the world’s most primitive ecosystems, the Pacific Temperate Rainforest. You’ll travel across the Burrard Inlet to the mountainous North Shore rainforest. You’ll explore the BC’s lower mainland’s ‘virgin uncut-old growth’ forest with arguably 1000 to 1300-year-old trees, and an incredible opportunity to discover one of the world’s most primitive ecosystems and learn how all of its inhabitants contribute to its delicate balance. And what a beautiful environment in which to view them; waves crash against granite cliffs as the ocean breeze whistles through the boughs above. Incredible vista of cityscape and Burrard Inlet and Bowen Island.
Explore giant Douglas Firs, and Western Red Cedars. Escorted by your eco-guide, this unique 60 minutes then explores the vistas of one of Canada’s most picturesque lighthouses and Natural Historic Sites. Orca whales have even been spotted off the point! From here you’ll enjoy a guided tour along the coastal road for 25 minutes to the Capilano River Canyon, where in May & June and late August to November you can often view different species of salmon running the river to spawn, and you’ll hear the story of the Pacific Salmon. Your guide will then escort you up the Capilano River Canyon, walking among the giant Cedars and towering Douglas Firs, reaching as high as 85 meters (270’). An awe inspiring walk up the canyon and you will see the awesomeness of the Cleveland Dam, supplying 1/3 of Vancouver’s water and some of the cleanest drinking water in the world, and we you will even take a quick trip up the top of the Dam to see all of its awesomeness. Please note: The best salmon viewing times are September to November.
Gift Card Terms & Conditions: Retail Value of at least $950 inclusive of gratuity. Not transferable nor redeemable for cash value. Must be accepted as offered to prize winner of North Shore Rotary Valid until Oct.31st, 2021. All excursions are subject to availability and must be confirmed in writing by Rockwood Advtentures. Excursion waivers must be signed to be able to participate.
Official Contest Rules
Below is information about A) How to Enter, B) the Contest Prize, C) Contest Eligibility & The Contest Draw, D) Instagram and its Role in this Contest, and E) Other Terms and Conditions related to the contest rules.
A. How to Enter
To enter upload your favourite Canada Day themed photo of yourself, tag us and or use the hashtag #NVCanadaDay2020, tag friends in the comments below to receive (1) a bonus entry. Entries must be received by contest closing time which is Tuesday, June, 30th, 2020, at 11:59pm (PST) (i.e., midnight). Late submissions will not be accepted. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
B. Contest Prize
One winner will be awarded a gift card from Rockwood Adventures. No purchase is necessary.
The prize has an approximate retail value of $950 (CAD). The winner will be contacted by Rotary Club Lionsgate with instructions on how they can claim the prize. He or she must reply to the direct message (DM) informing them of their winning and the offer of the prize via Social Media (Facebook or Instagram) within 24 hours of the offer being sent or they will forfeit their prize and another recipient will be selected.
The prize of the gift card has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
C. Contest Eligibility and the Contest Draw
This giveaway is open to residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least 19 years of age.
To qualify for the prize the selected winner must verify that they are a BC resident and over 19 years of age. If they are unable to verify these details they will be disqualified and another draw will take place to choose a new recipient of the prize.
The winner will be selected via a random draw of eligible entry submissions by Rotary Club Lionsgate.
Employees, agents and representatives of Rotary Club Lionsgate and members of the immediate family of such persons (including spouses, parents, siblings or children) are not eligible to enter this contest.
D. Facebook and this Contest
As this contest is not sponsored, administered, or affiliated with Instagram Inc., any questions about this contest must be sent to Rotary Club Lionsgate and not to Facebook or Instagram (the social media platform used to administer this contest).
E. Other Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Contest entries are accepted between 12:01 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday, June 25th, 2020, and 11:59 pm (PST) on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. Entries received before and after these date and times are automatically void.
- By entering this contest, all entrants accept and agree to abide by the contest rules, terms, regulations and decisions of Rotary Club Lionsgate.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to allow Rotary Club Lionsgate and Rockwoods Adventures to publish their name if the entrant wins the contest. If the winning entrant requests that their name not be published, the entrant agrees that their name can at least be provided to any person or organization requesting to know the results of the contest (to ensure transparency of the process).
- There are no substitutions and the prize must be accepted as awarded.
- This giveaway contest is subject to the laws of British Columbia Canada.
- Rotary Club Lionsgate and Rockwood Adventures reserve the right to modify or cancel this giveaway contest at any time for any reason without notice to participants unless prohibited by law. If ending the contest prior to the initial published contest end date, Rotary Club Lionsgate reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation of the contest.
- If for any reason a winner cannot be found, including if Rotary Club Lionsgate is unsuccessful in contacting the winner (or subsequent winners if the first one is unsuccessful) within 14 days of the closing date of the contest, the tickets will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to charity. Rotary Club Lionsgate will, however, make every effort to find a winner.
- Regarding personal information, Rotary Club Lionsgate will use a contestant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting this Contest. This includes collection of entrants’ names and Social Media details such as who they tag as part of the contest. The winner’s name and contact details including proof of age and province of residence will also be collected.
- Rotary Club Lionsgate and Rockwood Adventures are not responsible, for whatever reason, for lost, delayed or otherwise not received entries.
- Rotary Club Lionsgate and Rockwood Adventures are not responsible for errors in the administration or offer of this giveaway contest of any kind, including but not limited to mistakes in advertising, contest rules, winner selection or distribution of the prize. This includes but is not limited to technical problems, human error, employee illness, corrupted data, and IT, social media, computer hardware or software problems.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand and accept that affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents of Rotary Club Lionsgate, and Rockwood Adventures are exempt from all liability of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, loss, personal injury, death or expense related directly or indirectly to this giveaway contest, receipt of the prize.
- In the case of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the above listed rules of this contest and any statements made elsewhere in any other contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest-related Instagram post, the above terms, conditions and rules shall prevail.