Local Youth Projects
Rotary believes in helping and developing the next generation of leaders. Our local youth project are designed to help younger leaders build leadership skills, expand education and learn the value of service. Our focus is Youth at Risk and many of our projects, present and past, are a reflection of that dedication to the youth of the North Shore as well as internationally.
Donating as an individual can result in a very satisfying feeling and can offer tax advantages. Along with personal donations, many companies also choose to donate to non-profit organizations, which, not only makes a difference, it can also be good for your company’s public relations and engagement of employees.
How do we normally donate our youth project funds? Some examples of past and current charities are:
- Student Scholarships – RCLG provides post secondary, Academic and Vocational Scholarships for students who have overcome significant physical, emotional, mental and/or social challenges and still qualify to graduate from Grade 12.
- Boys and Girls Club – RCLG is a vital support to the Boys & Girls Club of North Vancouver. We donate needed equipment and provide hands-on support for cleaning, organizing, painting and repairs to the Boys & Girls Clubhouse. We also volunteer at their annual family Christmas Pancake Breakfast and fund camperships to the Boys & Girls Club summer camp. Examples of International Projects.
- ONE TO ONE Literacy’s mission is to help children develop literacy skills for life. ONE TO ONE is a unique children’s literacy program which provides one-to-one tutoring to elementary school-aged children within the school setting. Their approach is to initiate early, critical intervention into the lives of at-risk children, and our trained volunteer tutors work with these struggling students in collaboration with classroom and resource teachers.
- Rotary Youth Exchange – is Rotary exchange program for students in secondary school. Rotary sponsors young people around the globe to experience new cultures. RCLG sponsors both inbound and outbound students.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) – is a leadership experience organized by Rotary where young adults develop leadership skills while having fun and making connections.
Over the past 5 years Rotary Club Lionsgate has donated $64,935 to the charities above and we are hoping to increase this amount in the coming years.
*Businesses and individuals that choose to donate to our youth projects will receive a taxable donation receipt.